Some of the useful things to know about Phuket, Thailand before coming here.
Things to know before coming to Phuket
Beautiful time to go to Phuket: November to March. This is a warm climate, not too hot nor rain so it is very suitable to have fun. Avoid April, May, and September, as these are the hottest months in Phuket.
Transportation to Phuket:
– By plane: There is no direct flight from Vietnam to Phuket, you have to float in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore. Most visitors choose to connect Bangkok. AirAsia Airlines is a hint for you. Cheap plane tickets: 150$ per round.
– By bus from Bangkok: car runs 12 hours for about 20$ / way.
Hotels in Phuket: There are many hotels at a great price to choose from and affordable. Suggestions are to book near Patong beach or Kata center area as these are two very crowded areas. , bustling and convenient to visit other places.
Motorbike rental in Phuket: car rental rates range from 5->10 $ / day excluding gasoline. Gasoline prices are quite cheap in the range of 1$ / liter. Simple car rental procedure, just photocopy the passport back to the owner.
Things to look for when traveling to Phuket
- Fantasea show: This is the largest show on the island with the investment and participation of many artists and animals such as elephants, dogs … Here, you can participate in many fun games, enjoy food and shopping.
- Koh Phi Phi: People often tell Phuket that they have not been to Koh Phi Phi yet. Koh Phi Phi is renowned for being one of Thailand’s most beautiful diving sites with coral reefs, colorful fish, and clear waters. In addition to Koh Phi Phi, there are many interesting activities such as seeing Koh Phi Phi from afar, kayaking or watching the fire on the beach.
- Phang Nga Bay: This is the place where many famous films like “007” and “Jurassic Park” are filmed, so the glitters is off the table! Phang Nga Bay is home to many huge limestone mountains with raised walls rising from the sea with strange shapes. Do not forget to sit on the boat and explore the caves with unique stalactites from nature. The most famous cave is Tham Tham with a width of over 50m and a height of over 10m.
- Entertainment at Patong Beach: The area is home to many bars, pubs, nightclubs … You can go for a walk, have fun in the music and the laughter from the tourists.
- Phuket City Tour: Some places you can visit if you have time is Chalong Pagoda, Promtep Cape, Old Phuket town.
Food in Phuket
The food in Phuket, as well as the Thai cuisine in general, are varied, especially unique and impressive with street food. In any street or market, you can easily buy a good meal for only 40-60,000. Some of the unique dishes to try in Phuket are ice cream sandwiches, Khao Lam (rice omelet), Kanom Krok, Kao Tom Mud, coconut milk pumpkin custard … Price is also very cheap so you spoiled for food without worry ” membrane inflammation “.
4 cafes should come to Phuket
- Coffee Talk: Located on the front of Thavorn Palm Beach Resort Phuket, Coffee Talk is one of Phuket’s most wonderful places to catch sunsets or sunrise on the sea. Besides delicious coffee selected from Northern Thailand, mango cake at Coffee Talk is also worth a try!
- Café’in coffee: Coffee shop next to Thaihua museum famous for Ao – AEW. This is a very attractive dessert in Phuket made of jelly, syrup, ice and red beans. Café’in has a wonderful variation with the addition of lemon and honey.
- A little sweet: A nice coffee shop for you to “change the air” a little if bored with Thai food. A little sweet serves a variety of Japanese desserts not only delicious but also beautiful, very suitable for social apps like instagrams.
Hope you enjoy your time in Thailand.
For more Travel tips, please return to our front page.